About Me

I am a 19 year old interested in drawing, animation, painting, sketching, improv, writing, movies, and all that sort of stuff. I am currently enrolled in the Brown/RISD Dual Degree Program, and am projected to graduate the year 2017

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Things

These were all done at the studio of a local artist named Rick Harden in the beggining of the year. He gives day long figure drawing workshops. He advocates these expressive, very tonal and form-revealing figures. No lines are allowed (at least in the beggining stages of the drawing). This is tough for me because I'm used to starting out drawing an outline and then shading the forms inside. They're two different ways to go about it, and both are valid. Although, I learned about the importance of weight and movement. Also, when I showed my drawings to the admissions person at Art Center, these were the ones she liked the most, which is ironic because of how much I originally resisted to doing things his way.

These are meant to be short, about 5 minute drawings, concentrating on just the line of movement and the weight.
This is a longer one










Anyways, these are a little old. Newer things to be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment