About Me

I am a 19 year old interested in drawing, animation, painting, sketching, improv, writing, movies, and all that sort of stuff. I am currently enrolled in the Brown/RISD Dual Degree Program, and am projected to graduate the year 2017

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gouache

These are some things I've been doing with gouache. This first one is a figure I did one of the Monday nights. I was trying to work quickly because it was a short pose. The drawing is off, but I tried concentrating on the values, and some of the color relationships-- like how the whole stomach is warmer because of reflected light.
These next two are master copies after oil painter Richard Schmid, from his book Alla Prima: Everything I Know about Oil Painting. This one down here I did with a limited palette of black, white, yellow ochre, and vermillion red, taking care to get all the temperature and value relationships as well as I could.
This one down here I did first. It's not done with a limited palette, and I messed up on the highlight that runs across the top of the cheek, nose, and upper lip. It's too cool, and it looks like it doesn't belong there.


These are little paintings I made of my backyard. This one is just in black and white. It's of a little door that leads to my backyard from the outside.



These two I was more concerned with color. I figured out a little later on though that I would never make perfect color judgements because I was painting from under shade, and I couldn't judge the colors as well as I would have if I had been under the same light.

Anyways YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN.


No comments:

Post a Comment